Performs hardware and software initialization procedures
#include <ultra64.h> /* ultra64.h */
The osInitialize function initializes the internal NINTENDO64 hardware and the N64OS work area.
This routine performs the following processes:
- Sets the CPU's floating point control/status register. (Allows non-normalized values to be flushed to zero, and permits invalid operation exceptions to capture occurrences of Not-a-Numbers (NaNs))
- Disables watch exceptions.
- Sets exception vectors.
- Frees all TLBs. (Initializes TLB entry 31 for the SGI emulator board.)
- Sets variables related to the PI.
- References the value of osTvType and sets osViClock.
- Checks whether a PRENMI event has already occurred, and if so, halts processing.
- Permits AI-DMAs.
When the application is started up, this function must be called prior to any interrupt or exception process.
1999/06/15 Completely rewritten.