Starting and Exiting
Following are the procedures for starting and exiting NIFF Editor.
Upon successfully installing NIFF Editor using the Install instructions, you can run NIFF Editor from the [Programs] menu in the [Start] menu. Choose [Nintendo 64 Developers Kit], then choose [NIFF Editor].
To open a NIFF file and start NIFF Editor, use any of the three following procedures:
- From the Start menu, choose Explorer. Double-click any file with the [.nif] or [.niff] extension. Click the right mouse button to display the File pop-up menu. From the File pop-up menu, choose [Open].
- Drag & Drop a NIFF file icon on the NIFF Editor icon (or an icon shortcut) on the desktop or in Explorer.
To exit NIFF Editor, use any of the following procedures:
- From the [File] menu choose [Exit].
- Press F4 key while holding down the Alt key.
- Click the Title Bar icon and select [Close].
- Double-click the Title Bar icon.
- Click the [Close] button on the Title Bar.
If a NIFF file has been changed prior to exiting NIFF Editor, a message is displayed prompting you to save the changes.
- Select Yes to save the changes.
- Select No to disregard the changes.
- Select Cancel to remain working in the program.